We're currently experiencing some technical difficulties with forms on our website. If you have an urgent issue to report, please reach out to our Services team on 03 441 0499.

A boil water is in place for businesses and properties across Queenstown following a number of confirmed local cases of illness caused by the protozoa, cryptosporidium. This affects properties serviced by the Council-managed water supply to Queenstown CBD, Fernhill, Sunshine Bay and Queenstown Hill. Read more here.

Useful event resources

On this page you'll find links to useful resources relating to help you create a successful event.

QLDC Brand Guidelines

For our brand guidelines and tips on how to use our logo correctly when running an event, please take a look at the pdf below. If you require a copy of the QLDC logo, please send us an email advising what file type you need and/or where you will be placing the logo (online, print, email):  events@qldc.govt.nz 

QLDC Event Permit

An Event Permit is required for most events held in public spaces. Our events team will let you know if you need to complete this form after you have submitted your initial Event Enquiry. 

  • Thinking of running an event for young people, by young people, or an all-ages community event. Make it a Good Vibes event, which is fun and alcohol-free.

    A guide for running alcohol-free event has been produced by Alcohol.org in association with the Health Promotion Agency.

    To find out more about running successful alcohol-free events, check out The Good Vibes Guide.

  • The New Zealand Events Association (NZEA) is an independent events industry body leading, celebrating and standing up for every aspect of the events sector.

    Members enjoy access to education and development programmes, advice, networking opportunities and professional resources to inspire a world-class events industry.

    Website: https://nzea.co/

  • New Zealand Government works in partnership with the event sector to support New Zealand’s growing reputation as an attractive destination for major events of global significance.

    Website: https://www.majorevents.govt.nz

  • Many community groups use some form of gambling to raise funds. Activities such as housie, raffles, lotteries and games of chance must comply with the Gambling Act 2003. These activities are placed into class 1, 2 or 3 depending on the level of money involved.

    For more information on this, head here: www.police.govt.nz/advice/personal-community/housie-raffles/games-chance

  • If you are holding an outdoor pyrotechnic display, you need to have an outdoor pyrotechnic display compliance certificate for the event. An application form and supporting documentation must be submitted to a compliance certifier approved for issuing pyrotechnic display compliance certificates.

    For more information, head here: worksafe.govt.nz/topic-and-industry/hazardous-substances/certification-authorisation-approvals-and-licensing/outdoor-pyrotechnic-display-compliance-certificates/