- Rates & Property
- Building Services
- Resource Consents
- Environmental Health
- Rubbish & Recycling
- Transport and Parking
- Alcohol Public Notices
- Find the right alcohol licence and apply
- Rugby World Cup Information
- Alcohol licence fee calculator
- Renew and/or vary your alcohol licence
- Manager's certificates
- Legal requirements for licence holders
- District Licensing Committee decisions
- ARLA annual report
- Alcohol-Free Areas In Public Places
- Have your say on alcohol licence applications
- All alcohol licensing forms
- Animal Control
- Environment and Sustainability
- Water Services
- Services A - Z
- CCTV - Public Use
Alcohol-Free Areas In Public Places
Ngā aukatinga waipiro i ngā wāhi tūmatanui
Find out about the alcohol-free areas that apply to certain public places in the Queenstown Lakes District.
Christmas and New Year Alcohol-Free Areas
Alcohol-free restrictions apply from 6.00am on 25 December through to 6.00am on 6 January the following year in Queenstown and Wānaka.
Alcohol-free areas are also in place from 6.00pm on 26 December to 6.00am on 6 January the following year in locations throughout Arrowtown, Frankton and Lake Hāwea.
Year round alcohol restrictions
Alcohol-free areas are in place in parts of Queenstown, Frankton, Arrowtown, Wānaka and Lake Hāwea from 6.00pm - 6.00am every day.
Maps Of Alcohol-Free Areas
Crate Day Information
From 12.00am on Crate Day to 12.00am the following day for the public areas defined via the 'Alcohol-free areas maps' section on this page.
Alcohol-Free Areas in Public Places Bylaw 2018
Sign up to our newsletter Scuttlebutt and stay up-to-date with the latest news, events & information in the Queenstown Lakes District.