- Your Council
- Council Documents
- Climate Change and Biodiversity
- District Plan
- Elected Members
- Queenstown Town Centre Arterial
- Queenstown Town Centre Street Upgrades
- Three Waters Reform
- Future for Local Government
- Ballantyne Road Upgrade
- Ladies Mile Masterplan
- Shotover Country Borefield and Treatment Plant
- All-weather turf at Queenstown Events Centre
- Recreation Ground Wastewater Pump Station and Rising Main
- Wānaka Lakefront Development Plan
- Cardrona Valley wastewater upgrade
- North Wānaka wastewater and water supply upgrade
- Lakeview Development
- Luggate Memorial Centre
- Proposed Cardrona Valley Water Supply Scheme
- Mayoral Housing Affordability Taskforce
- Project Manawa
- Proposed Visitor Levy
- Frankton Stormwater Upgrade
- Willow Place Wastewater Upgrade
- Te Kararo Queenstown Gardens Development Plan
- Frankton Campground
- Housing in the Queenstown Lakes
- Glenorchy Reservoirs
- Western Wānaka Water Supply Upgrade
- Smart Water Meters Trial
- Shotover Bridge
- Mount Iron Acquisition
- Marine Parade Upgrades
- Media Centre
- Meetings & Committees
- Our Vision & Mission
- Privacy and official information requests
- Public Notices
- Sister Cities
North Wānaka wastewater and water supply upgrade
A major upgrade to north Wānaka’s wastewater system is underway, providing for current and future wastewater and drinking water capacity as growth in the area continues.About the project Any questions?
About the project
This project is part of our plan to accommodate growth and provide more resilience across the district’s wastewater network.
The first stage of this project will involve:
The upgrade and replacement of existing wastewater pipes and lateral pipes that connect the public system to residential houses on Aubrey Road, from Rata Street corner down to the lakeside.
Installing a new water supply pipe to connect to the existing pipe under Sir Tim Wallis Drive roundabout, as well as a new wastewater connection to the existing network near the Albert Town wastewater pump station.
There will be some disruption while this upgrade is underway, including partial and possibly full road closures and traffic diversions as the new pipe work is laid. However resident access will be maintained, including for rubbish and recycling services, and emergency vehicles. We’ll keep residents updated about disruptions as they arise.
This work is expected to be completed by Christmas.
A new pump station is also planned as a later stage of the upgrade and work is underway to finalise the next steps for this part of the project.
If you have any questions, please give us a call on 03 441 0499 or email email@example.com