- Your Council
- Council Documents
- Climate Change and Biodiversity
- District Plan
- Elected Members
- Queenstown Town Centre Arterial
- Queenstown Town Centre Street Upgrades
- Three Waters Reform
- Future for Local Government
- Ballantyne Road Upgrade
- Ladies Mile Masterplan
- Shotover Country Borefield and Treatment Plant
- All-weather turf at Queenstown Events Centre
- Recreation Ground Wastewater Pump Station and Rising Main
- Wānaka Lakefront Development Plan
- Cardrona Valley wastewater upgrade
- North Wānaka wastewater and water supply upgrade
- Lakeview Development
- Luggate Memorial Centre
- Proposed Cardrona Valley Water Supply Scheme
- Mayoral Housing Affordability Taskforce
- Project Manawa
- Proposed Visitor Levy
- Frankton Stormwater Upgrade
- Willow Place Wastewater Upgrade
- Te Kararo Queenstown Gardens Development Plan
- Frankton Campground
- Housing in the Queenstown Lakes
- Glenorchy Reservoirs
- Western Wānaka Water Supply Upgrade
- Smart Water Meters Trial
- Shotover Bridge
- Mount Iron Acquisition
- Marine Parade Upgrades
- 101 Ballantyne Road Masterplan
- Media Centre
- Meetings & Committees
- Our Vision & Mission
- Privacy and official information requests
- Public Notices
- Sister Cities
101 Ballantyne Road Masterplan
A project is underway to develop a Masterplan for 101 Ballantyne Road, Wānaka.About the project Project Goals Project timeline Get in touch
About the project
Our district is experiencing sustained and rapid growth, which puts pressure on access to sport and recreation facilities.
As the Wānaka area changes, so too do the needs of the community. The recently rezoned land at 101 Ballantyne Road provides an opportunity to build a multi-use green space in the Wānaka area to support the changing and future needs of the growing community.
A Masterplan will be developed for the site, setting a clear path for the development of sport, recreation and open space facilities for the next 20 years, to complement existing facilities in the area.
Community input will be vital as the masterplan is developed and we’ll keep you updated on opportunities to take part in this process.
Council has appointed Boffa Miskell to lead development of the Masterplan.
The Masterplan objectives
Gain mana whenau support to ensure the space aligns with cultural values and pincriples.
Understand and deliver the sport and recreation needs of the community.
Make the community aware of the project and the planned sport and recreation upgrades
To clearly communicate how the end result contributes to social, economic, environmental and cultural value of the Wānaka community
To contribute to Council's vision beyond 2050
Successful delivery of this project will result in a 101 Ballantyne Road Masterplan that sets out a path to greater community sport and play participation.
The Masterplan objectives
The Masterplan aims to achieve the following:
Create and develop a sports hub that will benefit and enrich the lives of the growing Upper Clutha community and visitors.
Improve community outcomes, including health, neighbourhood connectedness and quality of the local environment.
Improve/overcome the challenges set by the high demand for sporting facilities in this fast-growing district. Taking into consideration the population growth and demographic trends.
Increase the number of people using this hub for sports and recreational activities, providing supporting tourism and recreation opportunities, and associated economic development.
We're currently reviewing the project timeline. We'll start entering the discovery phase of the project shortly and will update this section in time.
Get in touch
Contact details about the project will be coming soon!