- Rates & Property
- Building Services
- Resource Consents
- Environmental Health
- Rubbish & Recycling
- Transport and Parking
- Public Notices
- Find the right alcohol licence and apply
- Alcohol licence fee calculator
- Renew and/or vary your alcohol licence
- Manager's certificates
- Legal requirements for licence holders
- District Licensing Committee Decisions
- Alcohol restrictions in public places
- Have your say on alcohol licence applications
- All alcohol licensing forms
- Animal Control
- Environment and Sustainability
- Water Services
- Services A - Z
- CCTV - Public Use
Alcohol restrictions in public places
Ngā aukatinga waipiro i ngā wāhi tūmatanui
Find out about the alcohol restrictions that apply to public places in the Queenstown Lakes District.Christmas and New Year Year Round Restrictions Maps Winter Festival Crate Day Alcohol Restrictions Bylaw
Christmas and New Year alcohol restrictions
An alcohol ban applies from 8.00am on 24 December through to 6.00am on 6 January the following year in multiple areas in Queenstown and Wānaka.
Temporary restrictions are also in place from 8.00pm on 26 December to 6.00am on 6 January the following year in locations throughout Arrowtown, Frankton and Lake Hāwea.
Year round alcohol restrictions
An alcohol ban is in place in parts of Queenstown, Frankton, Arrowtown, Wānaka and Lake Hāwea from 8.00pm - 8.00am every day.
From 6.00am on the opening day of the festival until 6.00am the day after the final day of the festival.
From 12.00am on Crate Day to 12.00am the following day for the public areas defined via the 'Alcohol restriction maps' section on this page.