- Sport & Rec Venues and Contacts
- Courts and Fields
- Sports Leagues & Programmes
- Gym & Group Fitness
- Kids' Recreation
- Learn to Swim
- Memberships - Join Today
- Sponsored Athletes
- Join the Sport & Rec Team
- Responsible Camping in the Queenstown Lakes District
- Parks and Walkways
- Lakes and Boating
- Mountain Biking
- Sport & Rec: Covid-19 info
- Splash Café
- Wallis Physiotherapy
- Alpine Physiotherapy
- Local Community Support Grant
Tri Squad sessions run at Alpine Aqualand (Queenstown Events Centre), 6.15-7.45am every Tuesday and Thursday over four ten-week terms with breaks coinciding with school holidays.
Tri Squad is aimed at those who enjoy the added motivation of working with a qualified squad coach.
Whether you want to increase your fitness or compete in triathlons or multi-sport events, Tri Squad could be perfect for you.
Set in a group environment, Tri Squad is a 90-minute session suitable for strong swimmers aged 13 and over. The squad is led by experienced coach, Albert Szilagyi to help you build endurance and develop your swim efficiency.
With a wealth of professional experience, Albert will deliver a progressive, measurable, goal-based programme to guide swimmers toward their own personal ambitions in and out of the water. We also aim to build a fun, social culture within the group to help our swimmers feel like they are contributing to the whole squad no matter their individual skills or fitness level.
We also offer beginner to advanced swim lessons for adults who would like to improve their skills and techniques, or for those who don't feel ready for Tri Squad.
For more info and registration please contact the aquatic programmes team:
03 450 9005
New price structure for 2021
2021 10-week term block price:
- Two sessions per week: $165.00 (paid in advance) + pool entry each visit; this can be either your gym/swim membership or casual pool entry
- One session per week: $105.00 (paid in advance) + pool entry each visit; this can be either your gym/swim membership or casual pool entry.
2021 casual entry/additional sessions:
- Each session: $12.00 + pool entry; this can be either your gym/swim membership or casual pool entry.
NB All current Tri Squad concessions will be credited to either future term blocks or current gym/swim memberships or visit passes.Close
Swimmers should purchase their term blocks during the school holiday period before each term.
Term blocks are non-refundable (extenuating circumstances will be considered on a case-by-case basis).
Term blocks can be purchased in person at reception or over the phone with our customer service team on 03 450 9005.
On entry, all swimmers must pay for their pool entry either by swiping their gym/swim membership card or paying for a casual entry each time.
The coach will record attendance and current memberships for each session.